- Books, Magazines, CDs, & Audiobooks - 3 week loan
- TV Series DVDS - 2 week loan
- DVDs & Blu-Ray discs - 1 week loan
Members may have up to 100 items checked out at a time except for these audiovisual material limits:\
- 5 DVDs
- 10 CDs
- 10 Audiobooks
- Almost Overdue Notice – As a courtesy, you will receive an almost overdue notice 2 days before your item is due. These automated messages are sent via email or text only. Failure to receive this notification is not grounds for waiving an incurred fee.
- First Overdue Notice - Items 1 week past due will receive a first overdue notice. These automated messages are sent via phone, email, or text.
- Second Overdue Notice – Items 3 weeks past due will receive a second overdue notice. These automated messages are sent via phone, email, or text.
- Billing Notice – Items 30 days past due will be considered lost and automatically billed to your account. These automatic messages are sent via phone, email, or text.
- Fine Notice – If your account balance is $20.00 or more, you will receive a fine notice and your account will become blocked. These automated messages are sent via mail, email, or text.
You may return items during regular business hours in our Book Return slot at the circulation desk. Items may also be returned in the after-hours book drop located by the staff entrance (Northeast side of the library).
If an item is damaged while in your care, the fee incurred will depend on the severity of the damage. If the item is no longer fit for circulation you will be charged the full replacement cost of the item, which you will keep.
If an item is lost while in your care, you will be charged the full replacement cost of the item, which you will keep. Items will be considered lost within 45 days of becoming overdue. Your account charges will be adjusted upon return of lost items.
If your account charges exceed $20.00 your account will be suspended until payment is received.